Handcrafted in Bolivia by Norma
This ring was handcrafted with love in Bolivia, using Alpaca Silver and this beautiful Blue Turquoise stone, a semi-precious gemstone.
Alpaca Silver is a metal alloy of copper, zinc & silver, it is often used in making jewelry in South & Central America. Alpaca Silver has been historically used throughout most parts of the world, and may go by other names such as German Silver.
This metal alloy is silver colored, and tarnish resistant.
- Blue Turquoise semi-precious stone & alpaca metal
- Assorted shades; no two stones are alike
- Adjustable size
- Handcrafted with love in Bolivia
The beautiful silver luster of Alpaca Silver usually maintains itself, it does not need to be coated and it does not rust. However, Alpaca Silver may oxidize slightly over time or due to harsh treatment or environment, though not nearly as quickly or as easily as sterling silver does.
Following some of the steps below will help:
- Polish your Alpaca silver with a metal polishing cloth. Normal day-to-day wear keeps the metal from becoming dull, however, exposure to soaps and other cleansers may create a film on the surface.
- Wash dirt and grime from the Alpaca silver using a mild detergent mixed with warm water. A soft toothbrush on jewelry pieces that contain gems or rhinestone settings can help with the cleaning. A paste of baking soda and water can also be used to buff out the metal.
- ALWAYS DRY Alpaca silver THOROUGHLY before storing the metal. Although the Alpaca silver will not rust, the water can cause the metal to become dingy.